Saturday, February 7, 2009

Topsy Turvy

It never fails. I'm sitting in traffic and I see something that I want to capture to post here. But ...

my camera isn't out ...
the traffic light changes ...
the sun goes under a cloud ...
the intended subject moves.

I thought it was interesting that this cement truck had the Friends of the Chicago River logo on it. The cement mixer part was turning so one side was right side up for my view and the other side was upside down.

By the time I thought to take a picture and got out my camera, the upside down side was facing me.

And the turning light for the lane the truck was in was green.

I figured: Snap this picture now, and just flip the photo for the blog. I took the picture just as the truck started to pull away.

Doing the math, though, if the organization was established in 1979 (as it says), then its 25 year anniversary was in 2004 and this year will be its 30th anniversary.

No comments: