Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Two Views of ... Buckingham Fountain

It has been a while since I did a "Two Views" post.

This "Two Views" is of Buckingham Fountain. The first view is of Buckingham Fountain in 1 inch to 50 feet scale. It's part of the Chicago Model City exhibit at the Chicago Architecture Foundation. (I had posted a photo of the whole Model City for the September Theme Day - Big.) I hadn't even noticed the water flowing in the fountain model until I zoomed in close for the photo. The second view of Buckingham Fountain is yesterday, after the water has been shut-off. It seems to take quite a few pipes to pump over 14,000 gallons of recirculating water for the displays.


3 comments:

Scrumpy said...

I was sad to see the fountain drained yesterday. I think we must live in the same neighborhood. :)

Amy said...

how old is it

Daily Chicago Photo said...

Buckingham Fountain was built in 1927. It periodically gets a refurbishing treatment to keep it in good shape.