Thursday, October 1, 2009

Theme Day: Contrast

Today is October 1st so it is THEME DAY on City Daily Photo. October's theme is Contrast.

It took me a while to find inspiration for this theme. I had a few back-up plans but really wanted to do something that was still Chicago-specific. I suddenly got inspired as I was going to the library yesterday. I walked by the Art Institute and it suddenly hit me that I could do a contrast of one of the bronze lions that regally guard the entrance to the Art Institute and a real lion that prowls their habitat of Lincoln Park Zoo. (Further on down toward the library I took a completely different contrast picture just in case the LP Zoo lions wouldn't cooperate. But, since I found a cooperative lion, I now have a future Daily Chicago Photo regular post ;) )

So here is my Contrast Theme photo. A bronze lion, on the prowl in front of the Art Institute and a real lion, on the prowl, at the Lincoln Park Zoo. Yeah, I know and very much appreciate that the photography gods smiled down on me and "encouraged" the real lion to strike a very similar pose just when the lighting was right.


Here is a link to all the Contrast Theme participants: Click here to view thumbnails for all participants.

9 comments:

Fio said...

Simply THE BEST!
Congratulations :)

B SQUARED said...

And all this time I thought you might contrast 'Chicago Bears'. Love the contribution.

Scrumpy said...

Love this one. I always say hello to "my lions" as we walk by the Art Institute.

Tussy said...

Do you think they want to kiss each other?

I don't think so :)

Funny thought of you for this, I like it.

Happy Theme Day!

My Bangkok Through My Eyes!
You got a Posty: I want to give 15 postcards :)

MJ said...

Love it! - Although B Squared's idea is pretty inspired, too! :-)

Carraol said...

Great idea for this theme and very well composed, almost like a mirror image! Bravo.

Lois said...

What a wonderful idea! This is a great post for Theme Day!

Sharon said...

I LOVE your contast photo! This is very inspired. Of course, the bronze lions at the Art Institute have always been a favorite sight of mine.

VP said...

Very good idea, great Theme Day choice. I love lions statues...