Monday, June 15, 2009

What's in Season?

Strawberries!

Actually they've been at the farmers' markets for about two weeks now. But they are just getting sweeter as the season progresses. There are almost 100 common strawberry varieties and probably more hybrid varieties. Each have their own flavor, season, and shape. The farmers are all great about letting you know which ones are sweet and which ones are tart, all you have to do is ask.

It's great to have fruit back at the markets. Soon we'll have blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Can't wait!

4 comments:

VP said...

Appetizing image, beautiful photo.
I'm just picking some strawberry from a bowl, the sweet ones, but I don't know much more about them. Not so helpful at the market here...

Unseen India Tours said...

This is So beautiful !! I really this !! I want to have some of them...Also I Have Started My Own Website And Would Like You To Have A Look At It.I Would Love To Have Your Comments On That Also.Unseen Rajasthan

Clueless in Boston said...

Beautiful red strawberries. They look delicious.

MJ said...

Lovely - my mouth is watering just looking at them. :-)