Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fog Rolls In ...

Time to quote Carl Sandburg again:

"The fog comes
on little cat feet.
It sits looking
over the harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on."

I wasn't going to post another sunrise series (since I posted one on Sunday) but this morning's sunrise was pretty cool. Along with the sun came a fog bank rolling in from the North. First it looked (to me) like sand dunes taking over the lake and Navy Pier. In the last one it almost looks like a giant wave crashing over a tiny Navy Pier sand castle.






To see a winter Fog Attack that I posted a while ago: Click here

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Fantastic photos. This really brings back memories. I used to see this every now and then from the 12th floor of Columbus Plaza. There were times when it would slowly roll in and I couldn't even see the building directly across the street. I just loved my view when I was there!