Sunday, April 26, 2009

Above the Clouds

Fog rolled in again this morning, blanketing parts of the lakefront. I've always found it an interesting perspective when the fog only covers the bottom half of the skyline - making it look like the buildings rise higher than the clouds (or, that these phantom buildings are floating around). Yes, this is the Chicago Skyline - a segment of it that you don't often see. I guess you can call it the New South Loop skyline. A lot of high rise buildings - offices and residential - have sprung up in the south Loop in the last several years.

5 comments:

Birdman said...

Wow! A sea of clouds too.

Sharon said...

What a fantastic photo and a great capture. I used to love it when it was foggy but my apartment was on the 12th floor so I never saw a view like this one. It seems like I was always in the middle of the fog.

MJ said...

Great shot, almost dream-like...

Coskunca said...

Great photos. Thanks for sharing. I will follow you. bye.

Rob said...

wow, what a shot!