Sunday, March 20, 2011

One Interpretation

An interpretation of the City of Chicago Flag at a hotdog place.

Just like the actual City of Chicago Flag, the symbols on this one clearly represent the real Chicago Hotdog:
  • The three white stripes must represent the base layer of the hotdog: the Poppyseed Bun, the All-Beef Hotdog and the Mustard
  • The two blue stripes clearly represent the two special ingredients: the neon green pickle relish and the celery salt
  • The red stars - uh, I mean hotdogs - seem to represent the remaining components of the official hotdog: Chopped Raw Onion, Sport Peppers, Tomato Wedges, and a Dill Pickle




The Chicago History Museum has a good description of what the symbols on the actual Chicago Flag mean. You can click here for the link.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It surely displays it many meanings.

Kate said...

There is NO hotdog as good as a Chicago hotdog. And there are few cities as terrific as Chicago (where I sowed my wild oats!!).

Anonymous said...

OK, I will try one......someday. Do we know how the Chicago dog came into being?

Joanna said...

The most important thing for a Chicago hot dog is that it has mustard but NO ketchup. I prefer to leave off the peppers and bright green relish myself.

Daily Chicago Photo said...

Definitely no ketchup! ;) I've heard rumors that some hot dog places don't even stock ketchup.